Arts Education Administrative Assistant (Program and Fund Development Support)
Passionate about arts education? Dream of collaborating with artists on enriching experiences for young people? Want to spend your days bringing arts curriculum to students all around the Bay Area—over 20,000 of them a year (and counting)?
Young Audiences of Northern California (YANC), a leading provider of arts experiences for youth throughout the Bay Area since 1958, seeks an Arts Education Administrative Assistant (Program and Development Departments) to work Part-Time to help us achieve our mission of providing arts experiences that inspire young people, expand learning, and enliven communities.
Today, young people receive dramatically fewer opportunities to engage with the arts than youth did just 25 years ago. At Young Audiences, we counter that by working with schools and communities to present engaging arts programming that touches Bay Area students who might not otherwise have access to the arts. But our ability to do this hinges on having the right administrative assistant to help lead the charge – is this you?
If You Are
- A self-starter who is able to learn from past processes but can ultimately develop your own systems
- A “people person” with strong customer service skills who can get along with artists, administrators, students, coworkers and board members, all with diverse backgrounds
- Both creative in big-picture, strategic thinking and also detail-oriented and reliable in execution
- Versed in the arts and enchanted with the idea that viewing art performances could be part of your job
- Excited to go home each day knowing you are improving the lives of Bay Area children and getting things done
Then this might be the job for you!
Administrative Assistant (Programming & Development Department Support) Responsibilities
- Coordinating artist/venue contract scheduling and program delivery
- Update compliance data in Salesforce
- Seek updated compliance data from artists, and handling aspects of that communication and data input
- Update and maintain Website Program Content (Squarespace) such asartist bios, program blurbs, photos; fixing broken links; updating pricing;
- Salesforce data input: donation information and attach supporting documents
- Maintain Foundation profiles and all related documents
- Attach research to existing Foundation profiles
- Draft Thank You letters and other donations-associated correspondence
- Scan donation receipts, award letters and signed letters
- Facilitate scheduling of fundraising committee meetings
- Research predetermined Foundations and Corporate Grants
Day to Day Operations
- Daily Office Duties including: Monitoring phone, email inbox, and printing.
- Attend selected performances, document and photograph them and make in-person connections with the artists and the venues
- Assist in outreach marketing including program catalog, monitoring and posting tosocial media sites
The successful candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- Background in arts and/or education and the ability to articulate the benefits of YANC programs with enthusiasm and clarity;
- Experience in programming scheduling, communications, community engagement, or related field;
- Basic background in Salesforce or any other CRM a must;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc;
- Ability to optimize communication techniques for audiences and dialogue partners of diverse racial/ethnic/cultural backgrounds, religious backgrounds, ages, community sectors, etc.;
- Familiarity with K-12 education, National Core Arts Standards, and California State Department of Education Visual and Performing Arts Standards a plus;
- Prior non-profit experience or knowledge.
Qualified candidates must possess great customer service, communication and organizational skills. Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
This is a part-time position to begin with, approximately 20-24 hours per week.
We are on the eve our of 60th anniversary and poised for all types of strategically creative expansion. For the right person, this job represents a unique and exceptional opportunity to come in and make something grow. You’ll be part of an intimate team of three full-time staff members working together with a highly accomplished board to make our well-run organization even stronger. Your support will have profound effects on our future and our ability to serve both students and artists symbiotically.
Our Board of Directors, staff, artists, and community partners are comprised of creative, diverse, and dynamic individuals that value authenticity, curiosity, self-discovery, self-expression, understanding, and connection. We leverage differences in work and learning styles to maximize our efforts and deliver outstanding experiences. We work hard and enjoy having fun. Most importantly, we believe in the mission and support one another in our personal and professional endeavors.
Please attach: your resume and a one-page or less cover letter detailing why you believe you would be a great fit for this position. No phone calls please.
Deadline: November 10, 2017
Young Audiences seeks candidates that nurture our commitment to providing outstanding services that impact diverse and multicultural children, families, artists, and community members. Young Audiences is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.