YOUNG AUDIENCES OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
POSITION: Board of Directors
Young Audiences of Northern California (YANC), a leading provider of arts experiences for youth throughout the Bay Area since 1958, seeks creative, committed and passionate individuals to join its Board of Directors to support the mission of providing arts experiences that inspire young people, expand learning, and enliven communities. Young Audiences works with schools and communities to bring engaging arts programming to Bay Area students who might not otherwise have access to the arts. Our ability to do this hinges on having diverse and talented board members, staff, and partners leading the charge.
It is an exciting time to be part of The Young Audiences of Northern California Board of Directors, which is currently composed of 12 members who represent diverse sectors and strengths. YANC is entering its 60th year and embarking on an exciting phase of growth. To support this effort, the YANC team is looking for board members that have expertise in diverse areas.
Ideal candidates will have the following attributes:
Entrepreneurial, innovative, likes to think ‘outside of the box’ to solve problems
- Excited to be an ambassador, advocate, and/or asker of support on behalf of the organization
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive professional experience with significant leadership accomplishments in business, educational, public sector philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Flexibility to attend board meetings, committee meetings and events that support the mission of Young Audiences.
- Ability to raise funds on behalf of the organization through access to networks and personal contributions
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative on projects, share ideas, and support fellow board members and staff in accomplishing key projects critical to YANC’s mission.
- Diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Shared passion with Young Audiences mission for providing arts experiences that inspire young people, expand learning, and enliven communities.
Current organizational needs include:
- Strategic Planning
- Non-profit programming
- Marketing, Public Relations and Communications
- Direct connection to Bay Area schools and education
- Organizational development, HR
- Social Media
Board Terms & Participation
3-year term with a maximum of two consecutive terms. The Board of Directors meets every other month which allows time for participation in regular monthly committee meetings. Currently board meetings remain virtual via Zoom and are held from 5pm – 6:30pm weekdays. Service on The Young Audiences Board of Directors is a volunteer position without remuneration.
If interested, please submit a resume and brief note about why you would be a great fit for our board to: Executive Director, John Alecca (firstname.lastname@example.org)