POSITION: Development/Fundraising Manager
OVERVIEW: Young Audiences of Northern California is a 64-year-old nonprofit organization whose mission is to create arts experiences that inspire young people, expand learning, and enliven communities. Our roster of community-based teaching artists includes professional dancers, musicians, and literary, theater and visual artists. Last year, YANC worked with more than 24,000 young people across the Bay Area. Our Signature Core Services include live assembly performances, long-term classroom residencies, and workshops. We also produce free public performances for young people and their families at locations including public libraries, museums, and community festivals.
The Development Manager is responsible for the development and effective implementation of fundraising and community relations strategies under the direction of the Executive Director of Young Audiences of Northern California. This position is a full-time, exempt, hybrid position requiring 2-3 days per week in the San Francisco office.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes grants, individual donations, corporate donations and fundraising events.
- Positively represents YANC’s mission and programs among our community of supporters and potential supporters.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors to execute and/or direct all fund-development strategies
- Implement an individual cultivation, solicitation and stewardship program with individual donors, overseeing all activities and working closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to maximize fundraising outcomes
- Maintain relationships with current, past, and potential donors, tracking communications via Salesforce.com
- Develop and maintain a robust system of appreciation with all active donors
- Produce special events, including an annual fundraiser, donor thank you events, donor cultivation events, and donor outreach events ?
- Work with Young Audiences of Northen California's Grant Writer to manage all activities pertaining to foundation fundraising, including, but not limited to:
- Research to identify appropriate new grant opportunities
- Develop compelling case statements for YANC’s work, using existing arts education research, knowledge of YANC’s programs, and knowledge of the prospective funder’s interests and priorities
- Write and submit persuasive grant proposals
- Maintain complete records of grants, both secured and declined
- Monitor progress toward goals established in proposals funded
- Write and submit grant reports as required by funders
- Cultivate relationships with current and potential foundation funders through written correspondence and personal meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- In accordance with annual fundraising plan, produce annual reports, donor e-newsletter, website articles, and various other written materials as directed by the Executive Director
- Working with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, ensure that all outfacing messages are aligned with the YANC’s brand
- Maintain online presence (including website and social media) in accordance YANC’s strategy General
- Maintain an organizational calendar that includes all outreach and community development opportunities
Coordinate an accurate database of all institutional and individual funders, providing reporting as requested by Executive Director and/or Board of Directors Collaborate with development staff members at other Young Audiences affiliates and at national headquarters
- Support retention of institutional memory by developing and maintaining accurate records on all events, including details on planning, implementation, suggestions for improvement, and follow-up in Salesforce
- Ensure that all records are properly stored in Salesforce.com and/or on YANC server
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in a similar role in development; preferred background in non-profit arts and/or education
- Proficiency with Salesforce ? Ability to make decisions, prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal, writing, editing and research skills ? Adept at program budget development, accounting and financial reporting
- Poised, pro-active, and energetic self-starter with the willingness to work hands-on to develop and execute a variety of fundraising and communications activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc;
- An unwavering belief in the educational value of the arts & a sense of fulfillment gained by bringing arts experiences to children!
Compensation: $70,000 - $75,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, generous paid time off, and a hybrid workplace environment
About Us: Our Board of Directors, staff, artists, partners are comprised of creative, diverse, and dynamic individuals that value authenticity, curiosity, self-discovery, self-expression, understanding, and connection. We leverage differences in work and learning styles to maximize our efforts and deliver outstanding experiences. We work hard and enjoy having fun. Most importantly, we believe in the mission and support one another in our personal and professional endeavors.
Interested in joining our team?
Please send an email with the subject line “YANC Development Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please attach your resume and a one-page or less cover letter detailing why you believe you would be a great fit for this position. No phone calls please.
DEADLINE: March 24, 2023
For more about YANC: http://www.ya-nc.org/